If you have or are prone to varicose veins here are a few tips of prevention:
- Avoid standing in one place for a long period of time.
- Exercise regularly. Walking is good for the legs because it increases circulation.
- Raise your legs up 6 to 12 inches above your heart when you are lying down.
- Maintain ideal body weight.
- Keep your legs uncrossed when sitting.
- Avoid high heels.
If you already have varicose veins we can help!
At Epione we offer two procedures to treat varicose veins. Large to mid-size veins can be treated with sclerotherapy injections. Laser Vein Removal is used to treat small to mid-size veins.
Sclerotherapy is the injection of a medicine into the vessels, which makes them shrink. The principle of Laser Vein Removal is the following: laser penetrates the skin to raise the temperature of the blood vessel and safely coagulate it. The sensation is typically described as feeling like a rubber band hitting against your skin and treatment usually lasts a few minutes. Over time the vessel fades and slowly disappears.